Why You Hurt: Therapeutic Neuroscience Education System
Teach your patients about pain; research shows they will feel less pain, have less fear, move better and show more interest in therapy. This all-inclusive system delivers immediate clinical application of therapeutic neuroscience education.
Watch Adriaan Louw's Product Demonstration:
Physical therapist Adriaan Louw's Why You Hurt: Therapeutic Neuroscience Education System refines complex neuroscience into easily internalized metaphors, examples and images to efficiently teach your patients what pain really is and how it works.
- Over a dozen versatile education sessions cover a wide variety of patients. 120+ illustrated education cards are intuitively separated into common chronic pain topics.
- Teaching cues guide each session. Beginners can deliver the cues directly; after practice, cues function as guidelines.
- Homework promotes deep learning and empowers patients with an active role. Includes 50 reproducible homework cards; photocopy the cards or download electronic versions*.
- Pain questionnaire cards supplement education sessions or homework. 12 questions help unveil how patients conceptualize pain.
- Teaching index ensures accurate selection of session topic. It details each section's message and offers a list of associated clinical issues.
- Instructions and background of therapeutic neuroscience education. Here's the how and why of TNE, including the impressive research behind it.
System includes 120+ full-color, two-sided education cards with teaching cues and scientific support, 50 reproducible and downloadable homework cards, 12 pain questionnaire cards, detailed instructions, discussion of TNE and a teaching index. Cards measure 8½" x 6½". Non-returnable.
A valuable companion to the Why You Hurt system, Adriaan Louw and Emilio Puentedura's Therapeutic Neuroscience Education: Teaching Patients About Pain; A Guide for Clinicians offers in-depth study of therapeutic neuroscience education (book sold separately).
*Downloadable homework available here. Username and password included with system.
Great clinical tool