Adriaan Louw / EIT-Books
Neuroscience Education for Patients
Help your patients lessen their painResearch shows that understanding how pain works in the body allows patients to hurt less, exercise more and regain control of their lives. These two neuroscience education books are designed to empower your patients with that understanding, as well as provide them with key concepts for pain relief. By Adriaan Louw, PT, PhD.
Why Do I Hurt?
A Patient Book About the Neuroscience of Pain
- Explains how extra sensitive nerves lead to chronic pain
- Provides strategies for calming those nerves
- Includes approachable language with metaphors and examples
- Features illustrated images to grasp and remember the concepts
- 54 pages
- Available as an eBook
Why Are My Nerves So Sensitive?
Neuroscience Education for Patients with CRPS or RSD
- Explains how pain is produced by the nervous system and brain
- Provides mental exercises that prepare patients for moving painful body parts
- Includes illustrated images for grasping and remembering the concepts
- Co-authors Colleen Louw and Kory Zimney
- Spiral-bound softcover
- 82 pages