OPTP Joint Distractor™
The Joint Distractor provides comfortable and effective distraction therapy that promotes joint health and full, pain-free movement for your patients. Non-returnable.
Joint distraction is a type of orthopedic manual therapy that creates more “space” inside the joint complex, allowing for greater fluidity (flow of synovial fluids) and healthier movement, as well as peripheral and central nervous system effects for pain modulation.
As a physical therapist, athletic trainer or fitness trainer, the OPTP Joint Distractor can be used to provide comfort and leverage for long axis joint distraction with your patients and clients.
The unique strap design fastens the wrist or ankle securely in place, allowing for complete isodynamic joint distraction for upper and lower extremities. When incorporated into a regular routine, the Joint Distractor helps joints to function freely in all directions as intended, promoting full and pain-free movement.
Specific uses and benefits include:
- Post-operative joint therapy and rehabilitation
- Osteoarthritis aid for the knee, hip or ankle
- Post-ankle sprain rehabilitation
- Ankle work for plantar flexion
- Restoration of scar tissue from injury
- Assistance for those with lumbar radiculopathy
- Secure and comfortable hook and loop strap for wrist or ankle
- Three 18” cords that provide medium resistance (removable for greater range of motion)
- Anchor for easy fastening to doorframe or solid object