An Essential Guide to Treating Sacroiliac Pain
Sacroiliac Pain is filled with information for clinicians, and for patients dealing with sacroiliac joint dysfunction and pelvic pain, which especially affects women during pregnancy and postpartum. The book first provides background on recognizing sacroiliac pain. Topics include:
- Common causes of sacroiliac pain
- Muscles, joints, and ligaments that are often involved
- How pain and fear of movement results in decreased function and increased pain
The second section is dedicated to the Pelvic Girdle Musculoskeletal Method and provides step-by-step instructions for the exercises with supporting video links.
This section also includes:
- Additional stretching exercises
- Instruction on breathing as well as its importance in relaxation and pain management
- Tips on beginning a walking program and progression to other forms of exercise
The third section provides additional education regarding use of a sacroiliac belt and other frequently asked questions. An exercise planner is also included for logging workouts, offering everything needed to improve function and wellness. This book has a strong holistic philosophy and encourages choices toward living a healthy life.
COURSE DISCOUNT: SAVE 15%
Enter code at checkout: RICZO15
Must sign in as a professional to receive discounted pricing.
About the author
Deborah B. Riczo, PT, DPT, MEd, is a doctor of physical therapy and has been practicing for more than 37 years. While in clinical practice at Metrohealth Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio, she developed a simplified method to evaluate and treat sacroiliac/pelvic girdle pain, in which she is a leading expert. In 2011, Deborah founded Riczo Health Education. She speaks nationally on sacroiliac dysfunction and teaches physical therapy students at the doctoral level.