Your Nerves Are Having Back Surgery
This informational patient book, written by physical therapist and clinical neuroscience researcher Adriaan Louw, sheds light on the neuroscience behind back surgery to provide future patients with the information necessary to make informed treatment decisions.
Based on the latest neuroscience research, “Your Nerves are Having Back Surgery” explains nerve sensitization for patients who will be undergoing or have undergone back surgery for radiculopathy.
Section topics include:
- The decision to undergo surgery
- The nervous system
- Increased sensitivity of the nervous system
- Surgery and the nervous system
- Calming the nervous system down
- Recovery following lumbar surgery
Nerve sensitization is covered in an easy-to-understand format with numerous color images.
Written by Adriaan Louw.
Illustrated. Softcover, 28 pages. Non-returnable.