Centered: Organizing the Body through Kinesiology, Movement Theory and Pilates Technique, is an interdisciplinary approach to physical training for Pilates instructors.
Centered combines the newest advances in science with Pilates, yoga, Gyrotonic® and other fitness disciplines. The book clearly describes the complex connections of the musculature, fascia, and joints, as well as their implications for movement re-education and healing.
This richly illustrated book offers Pilates instructors the education to advance their work by fully grasping biomechanics and posture, allowing them to implement positive changes for clients.
The book provides:
- Easy-to-follow, practical exercises and techniques
- Video links for viewing practice of techniques in action
- Instruction on corrective movement techniques, both with and without Pilates apparatuses
- Information on biomechanics and the best way to achieve healthy movement patterns
- Ways to share movement tips with clients and address their specific body dysfunctions
Written by Madeline Black, PMA-CPT, ACE, ACSM and Hendrickson Method certified. Madeline is an international leader in Pilates instruction and movement education, having taught and presented in over 20 countries.
Illustrated. Softcover; 341 pages.